Those in the mood for a tropical vacation but short on funds are in luck – today Jamie Foxx takes us to Brazil with his new record Fly Love, a song placed in the latest Blue Sky Films 3D computer-animated movie Rio, where Foxx is also featured as a voice of one of the characters. The movie is set in Rio de Janeiro and the influence of Brazil is apparent in Fly Love, with its traditional bossa nova styling from a currently unidentified producer. Vocally Jamie trades his signature robust delivery for a more quiet crooner style, a la Nat “King” Cole. It suits the overall theme and setting of the movie (birds in Rio, hence the title Fly Love - get it?) but it’s such a well composed song it could easily stand alone, much like the oft-covered signature theme Home from The Wiz. Once again, Foxx shows us his versatility, and he makes it look so easy – he’s just that good at what he does. We may not be in Rio, but this song makes it easy to pretend.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.