Those in the mood for a tropical vacation but short on funds are in luck – today Jamie Foxx takes us to Brazil with his new record Fly Love, a song placed in the latest Blue Sky Films 3D computer-animated movie Rio, where Foxx is also featured as a voice of one of the characters. The movie is set in Rio de Janeiro and the influence of Brazil is apparent in Fly Love, with its traditional bossa nova styling from a currently unidentified producer. Vocally Jamie trades his signature robust delivery for a more quiet crooner style, a la Nat “King” Cole. It suits the overall theme and setting of the movie (birds in Rio, hence the title Fly Love - get it?) but it’s such a well composed song it could easily stand alone, much like the oft-covered signature theme Home from The Wiz. Once again, Foxx shows us his versatility, and he makes it look so easy – he’s just that good at what he does. We may not be in Rio, but this song makes it easy to pretend.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.