Jamie Foxx was riding high after the extraordinary success of his previous album Intuition, but the build-up to his next full-length has repeatedly hit a roadblock that can’t simply be blamed on the alcohol; the lack of a hit single (anyone remember Winner?). Never fear Foxx fans, Aubrey Graham is here. For his new (potential) single, Fall for Your Type, Jamie’s recruited boy wonder Drake and his trusty production sidekick Noah “40” Shebib, and if history’s any indication, America will fall head over heels for this slowly romantic burner. Behind the boards 40 lays down his trademark electro-minimalism, while Foxx once again reminds us that in addition to the acting, he’s got some legit vocal chops. And yes folks, Drizzy drops in for a smooth verse that sounds like it could have been picked up off the Thank Me Later cutting room floor. Will Fall provide the push Jamie needs to make Body every bit as successful as Intuition? If so it’s going to have to work fast, the album’s December 14, release date is getting closer by the second.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.