Jamie Foxx was riding high after the extraordinary success of his previous album Intuition, but the build-up to his next full-length has repeatedly hit a roadblock that can’t simply be blamed on the alcohol; the lack of a hit single (anyone remember Winner?). Never fear Foxx fans, Aubrey Graham is here. For his new (potential) single, Fall for Your Type, Jamie’s recruited boy wonder Drake and his trusty production sidekick Noah “40” Shebib, and if history’s any indication, America will fall head over heels for this slowly romantic burner. Behind the boards 40 lays down his trademark electro-minimalism, while Foxx once again reminds us that in addition to the acting, he’s got some legit vocal chops. And yes folks, Drizzy drops in for a smooth verse that sounds like it could have been picked up off the Thank Me Later cutting room floor. Will Fall provide the push Jamie needs to make Body every bit as successful as Intuition? If so it’s going to have to work fast, the album’s December 14, release date is getting closer by the second.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.