Jamie Foxx was riding high after the extraordinary success of his previous album Intuition, but the build-up to his next full-length has repeatedly hit a roadblock that can’t simply be blamed on the alcohol; the lack of a hit single (anyone remember Winner?). Never fear Foxx fans, Aubrey Graham is here. For his new (potential) single, Fall for Your Type, Jamie’s recruited boy wonder Drake and his trusty production sidekick Noah “40” Shebib, and if history’s any indication, America will fall head over heels for this slowly romantic burner. Behind the boards 40 lays down his trademark electro-minimalism, while Foxx once again reminds us that in addition to the acting, he’s got some legit vocal chops. And yes folks, Drizzy drops in for a smooth verse that sounds like it could have been picked up off the Thank Me Later cutting room floor. Will Fall provide the push Jamie needs to make Body every bit as successful as Intuition? If so it’s going to have to work fast, the album’s December 14, release date is getting closer by the second.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.