Since the August ‘08 arrival of Jamie Drastik first and, to date, only Booth feature, the electro-pop style of Now or Later has only become hotter. With a trendy sound and nearly three years’ worth of artistic growth under his belt, the Wappeners Falls, N.Y. native must be ready for primetime, right? Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. the bad news is, I’m gonna have Wonderwall stuck in my head for the rest of the day. The good news is, well, Save Me is some quality tuneage. The PROdeuces’ synth-driven instrumental, based upon – and featuring the chorus from - the Oasis smash mentioned above, sets the stage for some brutally honest reflections on life in the music industry. In between the headliner’s disillusioned but dedicated bars, Jamie’s Mr. 305 boss grabs the mic for a surprisingly personal guest contribution; on his middle 16, Pitbull takes a trip down Memory Lane, charting his growth from a “Little Cuban boy” who thought crime paid to an older, wiser musical superstar. Like what you’re hearing? As Liam Gallagher would say: “By now, you shoulda somehow realized what you gotta do:” hurry up and download Jamie Drastik’s new Champagne & Cocaine mixtape, available now online!
Written by richard on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now or Later" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.