Jamie aka Drastik lives in the land of ambivalence (not literally, as I have never heard of Wappingers Falls, New York, and thus am in no position to judge it). First off, is he to be referred to as Jamie or Drastik? Secondly, does his debut pop-rap single, Now or Later, have anything to do with the chewable candy of the same name? Thirdly, what exactly is it about the female focus of the song that we want now but have to pay for later? Is he talking about money or something else (always use protection, kids)? Regardless, one thing is clear: the track has built up quite a Myspace following for the young rapper. Featuring a vocoded robot voice on the hook and an electro beat by SKEM, Now or Later just might make an appearance on your favorite radio station sometime in the near future. No word yet on an album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/11/08
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Save Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.