Jamie aka Drastik lives in the land of ambivalence (not literally, as I have never heard of Wappingers Falls, New York, and thus am in no position to judge it). First off, is he to be referred to as Jamie or Drastik? Secondly, does his debut pop-rap single, Now or Later, have anything to do with the chewable candy of the same name? Thirdly, what exactly is it about the female focus of the song that we want now but have to pay for later? Is he talking about money or something else (always use protection, kids)? Regardless, one thing is clear: the track has built up quite a Myspace following for the young rapper. Featuring a vocoded robot voice on the hook and an electro beat by SKEM, Now or Later just might make an appearance on your favorite radio station sometime in the near future. No word yet on an album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Save Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.