Jamie aka Drastik lives in the land of ambivalence (not literally, as I have never heard of Wappingers Falls, New York, and thus am in no position to judge it). First off, is he to be referred to as Jamie or Drastik? Secondly, does his debut pop-rap single, Now or Later, have anything to do with the chewable candy of the same name? Thirdly, what exactly is it about the female focus of the song that we want now but have to pay for later? Is he talking about money or something else (always use protection, kids)? Regardless, one thing is clear: the track has built up quite a Myspace following for the young rapper. Featuring a vocoded robot voice on the hook and an electro beat by SKEM, Now or Later just might make an appearance on your favorite radio station sometime in the near future. No word yet on an album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/11/08
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Save Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.