Jamie aka Drastik lives in the land of ambivalence (not literally, as I have never heard of Wappingers Falls, New York, and thus am in no position to judge it). First off, is he to be referred to as Jamie or Drastik? Secondly, does his debut pop-rap single, Now or Later, have anything to do with the chewable candy of the same name? Thirdly, what exactly is it about the female focus of the song that we want now but have to pay for later? Is he talking about money or something else (always use protection, kids)? Regardless, one thing is clear: the track has built up quite a Myspace following for the young rapper. Featuring a vocoded robot voice on the hook and an electro beat by SKEM, Now or Later just might make an appearance on your favorite radio station sometime in the near future. No word yet on an album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Save Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.