Ladies beware: pursuing a long-term relationship with Jamie Drastik is about as futile as Chasing Shadows. As the upstate New York repper admits on his latest promo cut, he’s been stung too many times to risk getting too close to any one woman. Here, Matty C Beats’ guitar-laced four-on-the-floor boardwork backs the artist as he weighs his desire for intimacy against his fear of getting in too deep. Mr. 305 boss Pitbull can clearly relate to his protégé‘s plight; in his middle 16, the club-hop heavyweight ruefully admits to playing with the occasional shawty’s heart. We Run the Night singer/songwriter Havana Brown steps into the shoes of one of Drastik’s female admirers on the record’s hook. Shadows isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Jamie’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now or Later" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.