Ladies beware: pursuing a long-term relationship with Jamie Drastik is about as futile as Chasing Shadows. As the upstate New York repper admits on his latest promo cut, he’s been stung too many times to risk getting too close to any one woman. Here, Matty C Beats’ guitar-laced four-on-the-floor boardwork backs the artist as he weighs his desire for intimacy against his fear of getting in too deep. Mr. 305 boss Pitbull can clearly relate to his protégé‘s plight; in his middle 16, the club-hop heavyweight ruefully admits to playing with the occasional shawty’s heart. We Run the Night singer/songwriter Havana Brown steps into the shoes of one of Drastik’s female admirers on the record’s hook. Shadows isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Jamie’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
Mr. 305 Inc/ Famous Artist Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now or Later" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.