As befitting a comeback project, James Watts’ new, Booth-hosted EP finds the Jersey representative offering fans a little insight into what he’s been doing during his time away from the game. According to this freshly-released project standout, one of the things keeping him away from the studio between 2010 and 2012 was his tumultuous relationship with a woman he affectionately refers to as his “Beautiful Monster.” The artist’s own pensive piano loops ring in the background as Watts imparts some knowledge that he had to learn the hard way: “You can’t turn a bad girl good, yet we try it every day though / [You] can’t interchange a set of horns for a halo.” Booth-acclaimed crooner Jason Caesar provides a chorus to complement his rueful bars and Miles Cody, a co-writer of the record, contributes on the keys. Feeling it? More awaits on Good/Grief, released yesterday and available here for free streaming/download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.