As befitting a comeback project, James Watts’ new, Booth-hosted EP finds the Jersey representative offering fans a little insight into what he’s been doing during his time away from the game. According to this freshly-released project standout, one of the things keeping him away from the studio between 2010 and 2012 was his tumultuous relationship with a woman he affectionately refers to as his “Beautiful Monster.” The artist’s own pensive piano loops ring in the background as Watts imparts some knowledge that he had to learn the hard way: “You can’t turn a bad girl good, yet we try it every day though / [You] can’t interchange a set of horns for a halo.” Booth-acclaimed crooner Jason Caesar provides a chorus to complement his rueful bars and Miles Cody, a co-writer of the record, contributes on the keys. Feeling it? More awaits on Good/Grief, released yesterday and available here for free streaming/download.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Jersey emcee/producer James Watts has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Good/Grief EP. An autobiographical project chronicling his activities during his recent hiatus from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.