As befitting a comeback project, James Watts’ new, Booth-hosted EP finds the Jersey representative offering fans a little insight into what he’s been doing during his time away from the game. According to this freshly-released project standout, one of the things keeping him away from the studio between 2010 and 2012 was his tumultuous relationship with a woman he affectionately refers to as his “Beautiful Monster.” The artist’s own pensive piano loops ring in the background as Watts imparts some knowledge that he had to learn the hard way: “You can’t turn a bad girl good, yet we try it every day though / [You] can’t interchange a set of horns for a halo.” Booth-acclaimed crooner Jason Caesar provides a chorus to complement his rueful bars and Miles Cody, a co-writer of the record, contributes on the keys. Feeling it? More awaits on Good/Grief, released yesterday and available here for free streaming/download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.