As befitting a comeback project, James Watts’ new, Booth-hosted EP finds the Jersey representative offering fans a little insight into what he’s been doing during his time away from the game. According to this freshly-released project standout, one of the things keeping him away from the studio between 2010 and 2012 was his tumultuous relationship with a woman he affectionately refers to as his “Beautiful Monster.” The artist’s own pensive piano loops ring in the background as Watts imparts some knowledge that he had to learn the hard way: “You can’t turn a bad girl good, yet we try it every day though / [You] can’t interchange a set of horns for a halo.” Booth-acclaimed crooner Jason Caesar provides a chorus to complement his rueful bars and Miles Cody, a co-writer of the record, contributes on the keys. Feeling it? More awaits on Good/Grief, released yesterday and available here for free streaming/download.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.