As befitting a comeback project, James Watts’ new, Booth-hosted EP finds the Jersey representative offering fans a little insight into what he’s been doing during his time away from the game. According to this freshly-released project standout, one of the things keeping him away from the studio between 2010 and 2012 was his tumultuous relationship with a woman he affectionately refers to as his “Beautiful Monster.” The artist’s own pensive piano loops ring in the background as Watts imparts some knowledge that he had to learn the hard way: “You can’t turn a bad girl good, yet we try it every day though / [You] can’t interchange a set of horns for a halo.” Booth-acclaimed crooner Jason Caesar provides a chorus to complement his rueful bars and Miles Cody, a co-writer of the record, contributes on the keys. Feeling it? More awaits on Good/Grief, released yesterday and available here for free streaming/download.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.