Last we heard from J.A.M.E.S. Watts, in his DJBooth-exclusive “Quit Your Day Job” interview, the Jersey rhymesayer filled fans in on struggle to balance his musical aspirations with his nine-to-five gig as a teacher at a Newark charter school. While he expressed a cautious attitude about giving up his steady income to rap full-time, rest assured that he’s planning on going All of the Way with this hip-hop sh*t. On the inaugural song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted EP, Watts reaffirms his dedication to the hustle despite his admitted frustrations with the workings of the industry. Watts himself provides a soulfully determined backdrop for his rhymes, borrowing some iconic vocal snippets from Mountain’s Long Red break, and Brooklyn vocalist Navegante assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Good/Grief‘s arrival on our front page November 1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.