Last we heard from J.A.M.E.S. Watts, in his DJBooth-exclusive “Quit Your Day Job” interview, the Jersey rhymesayer filled fans in on struggle to balance his musical aspirations with his nine-to-five gig as a teacher at a Newark charter school. While he expressed a cautious attitude about giving up his steady income to rap full-time, rest assured that he’s planning on going All of the Way with this hip-hop sh*t. On the inaugural song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted EP, Watts reaffirms his dedication to the hustle despite his admitted frustrations with the workings of the industry. Watts himself provides a soulfully determined backdrop for his rhymes, borrowing some iconic vocal snippets from Mountain’s Long Red break, and Brooklyn vocalist Navegante assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Good/Grief‘s arrival on our front page November 1.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
Jersey emcee/producer James Watts has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Good/Grief EP. An autobiographical project chronicling his activities during his recent hiatus from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.