Last we heard from J.A.M.E.S. Watts, in his DJBooth-exclusive “Quit Your Day Job” interview, the Jersey rhymesayer filled fans in on struggle to balance his musical aspirations with his nine-to-five gig as a teacher at a Newark charter school. While he expressed a cautious attitude about giving up his steady income to rap full-time, rest assured that he’s planning on going All of the Way with this hip-hop sh*t. On the inaugural song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted EP, Watts reaffirms his dedication to the hustle despite his admitted frustrations with the workings of the industry. Watts himself provides a soulfully determined backdrop for his rhymes, borrowing some iconic vocal snippets from Mountain’s Long Red break, and Brooklyn vocalist Navegante assists on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to Good/Grief‘s arrival on our front page November 1.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.