Though summer isn’t supposed to be over quite yet, we’ve been seeing a lot of gloomy days here in NYC. So I don’t have any trouble relating to James Kaye on his latest single, which finds him pleading, “Take me Somewhere Sunny!” Here, a bouncy synth beat by Diamond Style sets the mood as the indie buzzmaker chronicles his hustle toward a brighter future in engaging sung and rapped bars. New Kingdom Productions directs the accompanying visuals. Sunny isn’t currently part of a larger set, but there is talk of a new project in the works. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Dance" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.