Though summer isn’t supposed to be over quite yet, we’ve been seeing a lot of gloomy days here in NYC. So I don’t have any trouble relating to James Kaye on his latest single, which finds him pleading, “Take me Somewhere Sunny!” Here, a bouncy synth beat by Diamond Style sets the mood as the indie buzzmaker chronicles his hustle toward a brighter future in engaging sung and rapped bars. New Kingdom Productions directs the accompanying visuals. Sunny isn’t currently part of a larger set, but there is talk of a new project in the works. Guess you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for further details!
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Dance" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.