While you occasionally hear an emcee express misgivings about their heavy use of the herb (see Camm Hunter‘s recent Booth debut, NLG), more often than not they’ll be back to smoking trees by the follow-up single (see Camm Hunter’s second feature, Fire in the Night). Unsigned rapper/singer James Kaye, however, sounds like he might be serious about kicking the habit on his first feature, a Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next EP. Over a moody, melodic synth beat by project collaborator Sean Ross, he pledges that this will be his “Last Dance with Mary Jane.” Now that Kaye’s set aside cannabis and other vices for the sake of his hustle, fans can expect a steady stream of dope music from the emerging artist, starting with the release of DJBooth-hosted Free Market EP this Thursday, the 10th.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One of Those Days" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.