While you occasionally hear an emcee express misgivings about their heavy use of the herb (see Camm Hunter‘s recent Booth debut, NLG), more often than not they’ll be back to smoking trees by the follow-up single (see Camm Hunter’s second feature, Fire in the Night). Unsigned rapper/singer James Kaye, however, sounds like he might be serious about kicking the habit on his first feature, a Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next EP. Over a moody, melodic synth beat by project collaborator Sean Ross, he pledges that this will be his “Last Dance with Mary Jane.” Now that Kaye’s set aside cannabis and other vices for the sake of his hustle, fans can expect a steady stream of dope music from the emerging artist, starting with the release of DJBooth-hosted Free Market EP this Thursday, the 10th.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One of Those Days" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.