Gamers all around the world are currently walking on Cloud Nine, thanks to the recent unveiling of the new Playstation, however, Booth rookie James Japan could not care less. Why? Well, because he likens himself as a xBox fan. At least he was until his latest girl made him sick of playing games, especially when she was cheatin’. Equally as creative as his video game metaphor, which represents his current, fractured relationship, is his unique style. Backed by a self-produced, spacey beat, Japan impresses with a subtle, laid-back vocal performance as he strolls atop the beat with a high pitched R&B style that is blended with a smooth sung-rapped section. What do you think, did James get a high score or does he need to hit the reset button? Those wanting more can check out his latest project, Weird Dreams & Comic Books, when it drops on June 4.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.