Gamers all around the world are currently walking on Cloud Nine, thanks to the recent unveiling of the new Playstation, however, Booth rookie James Japan could not care less. Why? Well, because he likens himself as a xBox fan. At least he was until his latest girl made him sick of playing games, especially when she was cheatin’. Equally as creative as his video game metaphor, which represents his current, fractured relationship, is his unique style. Backed by a self-produced, spacey beat, Japan impresses with a subtle, laid-back vocal performance as he strolls atop the beat with a high pitched R&B style that is blended with a smooth sung-rapped section. What do you think, did James get a high score or does he need to hit the reset button? Those wanting more can check out his latest project, Weird Dreams & Comic Books, when it drops on June 4.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.