When storm clouds are overhead and you can’t seem to get out of your funk, sometimes all you need is a little reminder that Better Days are ahead. Still, waiting is no fun. In these situations, I recommend listening to music that is good for the soul like James Gardin‘s first solo feature. His thoughtful lyrics and cool, yet authentic flow give you something to relate to; hearing about his struggles might make yours a little easier to deal with. If that isn’t enough to change your outlook, then pay attention to the glossy, sampled beat from Trebles and Blues and the soulful crooning of Phourthelove; surely, the whole package will make at least the next three minutes easier to deal with. Better Days can be found on Gardin’s Trebles and Blues-produced Moleskines and Pocket Squares EP, out now via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.