When storm clouds are overhead and you can’t seem to get out of your funk, sometimes all you need is a little reminder that Better Days are ahead. Still, waiting is no fun. In these situations, I recommend listening to music that is good for the soul like James Gardin‘s first solo feature. His thoughtful lyrics and cool, yet authentic flow give you something to relate to; hearing about his struggles might make yours a little easier to deal with. If that isn’t enough to change your outlook, then pay attention to the glossy, sampled beat from Trebles and Blues and the soulful crooning of Phourthelove; surely, the whole package will make at least the next three minutes easier to deal with. Better Days can be found on Gardin’s Trebles and Blues-produced Moleskines and Pocket Squares EP, out now via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.