When storm clouds are overhead and you can’t seem to get out of your funk, sometimes all you need is a little reminder that Better Days are ahead. Still, waiting is no fun. In these situations, I recommend listening to music that is good for the soul like James Gardin‘s first solo feature. His thoughtful lyrics and cool, yet authentic flow give you something to relate to; hearing about his struggles might make yours a little easier to deal with. If that isn’t enough to change your outlook, then pay attention to the glossy, sampled beat from Trebles and Blues and the soulful crooning of Phourthelove; surely, the whole package will make at least the next three minutes easier to deal with. Better Days can be found on Gardin’s Trebles and Blues-produced Moleskines and Pocket Squares EP, out now via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.