When storm clouds are overhead and you can’t seem to get out of your funk, sometimes all you need is a little reminder that Better Days are ahead. Still, waiting is no fun. In these situations, I recommend listening to music that is good for the soul like James Gardin‘s first solo feature. His thoughtful lyrics and cool, yet authentic flow give you something to relate to; hearing about his struggles might make yours a little easier to deal with. If that isn’t enough to change your outlook, then pay attention to the glossy, sampled beat from Trebles and Blues and the soulful crooning of Phourthelove; surely, the whole package will make at least the next three minutes easier to deal with. Better Days can be found on Gardin’s Trebles and Blues-produced Moleskines and Pocket Squares EP, out now via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.