Has smoking trees started to feel like the same-old, same old? Jamall Bufford has something that’ll get you even Higher. Just put on a pair of headphones, hit “play” and relax as the Mello Music Group signee pumps pure audio crack into your system. 14KT mans the mixing boards on this intoxicating jam, a freshly-minted single off the artist’s next independent full-length. Over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s loping, synth-laced rhythm section, the rhymesayer formerly known as Buff1 delivers brash bars packed with eclectic pop-culture references. (He manages to jump from 1993 Western Posse to Harlemite author James Baldwin in the span of a few bars.) Singer/songwriter Neco Redd lends her vocals to the hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the December 10, release of Bufford’s Victim of a Modern Age LP.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When the Winter Comes" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.