Has smoking trees started to feel like the same-old, same old? Jamall Bufford has something that’ll get you even Higher. Just put on a pair of headphones, hit “play” and relax as the Mello Music Group signee pumps pure audio crack into your system. 14KT mans the mixing boards on this intoxicating jam, a freshly-minted single off the artist’s next independent full-length. Over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s loping, synth-laced rhythm section, the rhymesayer formerly known as Buff1 delivers brash bars packed with eclectic pop-culture references. (He manages to jump from 1993 Western Posse to Harlemite author James Baldwin in the span of a few bars.) Singer/songwriter Neco Redd lends her vocals to the hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the December 10, release of Bufford’s Victim of a Modern Age LP.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Jamall Bufford, the Michigan rhymesayer previously known as Buff1, has unleashed his third studio album. The follow-up to 2008's There's Only One LP, Victim of a Modern Age packs a total of 14 original tracks from the...
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When the Winter Comes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.