Has smoking trees started to feel like the same-old, same old? Jamall Bufford has something that’ll get you even Higher. Just put on a pair of headphones, hit “play” and relax as the Mello Music Group signee pumps pure audio crack into your system. 14KT mans the mixing boards on this intoxicating jam, a freshly-minted single off the artist’s next independent full-length. Over his behind-the-boards collaborator’s loping, synth-laced rhythm section, the rhymesayer formerly known as Buff1 delivers brash bars packed with eclectic pop-culture references. (He manages to jump from 1993 Western Posse to Harlemite author James Baldwin in the span of a few bars.) Singer/songwriter Neco Redd lends her vocals to the hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the December 10, release of Bufford’s Victim of a Modern Age LP.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When the Winter Comes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.