No matter whether you’re a rapper, an editor for The DJBooth or a Wall Street executive, you’ve gotta Eat. So feel free to follow my example and get up to grab a snack before settling in to enjoy Jamal Bufford‘s latest feature. The official remix of a record off his last mixtape, this joint sees the Michigan rhymesayer formerly known as Buff1 and a few equally voracious homies reflecting on the eternal struggle to put food on the table. Doc Illingsworth conveys a subtle mix of calmness and urgency behind the boards, building from jazzy piano loops to a vibrant, chiptune-informed climax as the headliner trades bars with fellow Wolverine State reppers Majestik Legend, Obie Iyoha and Clear Soul Forces. Fans can find the original version of Eat and many more quality cuts on Bufford’s Victim of a Modern Age LP, out now via Mello Music Group. Click here to cop the project on iTunes!
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When the Winter Comes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.