Sadly, it looks as though the Boombox has gone the way of the Walkman and the CD player, but if you happen to be so lucky as to still have one, I highly recommend blasting the latest from Jamaal Davis. Making his Booth debut, Davis wows with a smooth nasally flow which echo’s out atop the rhythmic, horn-centered boardwork of DG Beatz. Davis does such a great job, that the only downside to this effort is that the record is only two minutes long. I could listen to him distribute bars like Willie Wonka for hours, but I guess I will just have to wait for his TokyoMack EP, which is set to drop soon via his label, Boombox Family Entertainment. A name you might recognize as their thoroughbred is the ever-talented Nitty Scott, MC.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/20/13
Boombox Family ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.