Sadly, it looks as though the Boombox has gone the way of the Walkman and the CD player, but if you happen to be so lucky as to still have one, I highly recommend blasting the latest from Jamaal Davis. Making his Booth debut, Davis wows with a smooth nasally flow which echo’s out atop the rhythmic, horn-centered boardwork of DG Beatz. Davis does such a great job, that the only downside to this effort is that the record is only two minutes long. I could listen to him distribute bars like Willie Wonka for hours, but I guess I will just have to wait for his TokyoMack EP, which is set to drop soon via his label, Boombox Family Entertainment. A name you might recognize as their thoroughbred is the ever-talented Nitty Scott, MC.
Boombox Family ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.