Sadly, it looks as though the Boombox has gone the way of the Walkman and the CD player, but if you happen to be so lucky as to still have one, I highly recommend blasting the latest from Jamaal Davis. Making his Booth debut, Davis wows with a smooth nasally flow which echo’s out atop the rhythmic, horn-centered boardwork of DG Beatz. Davis does such a great job, that the only downside to this effort is that the record is only two minutes long. I could listen to him distribute bars like Willie Wonka for hours, but I guess I will just have to wait for his TokyoMack EP, which is set to drop soon via his label, Boombox Family Entertainment. A name you might recognize as their thoroughbred is the ever-talented Nitty Scott, MC.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/20/13
Boombox Family ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.