Sadly, it looks as though the Boombox has gone the way of the Walkman and the CD player, but if you happen to be so lucky as to still have one, I highly recommend blasting the latest from Jamaal Davis. Making his Booth debut, Davis wows with a smooth nasally flow which echo’s out atop the rhythmic, horn-centered boardwork of DG Beatz. Davis does such a great job, that the only downside to this effort is that the record is only two minutes long. I could listen to him distribute bars like Willie Wonka for hours, but I guess I will just have to wait for his TokyoMack EP, which is set to drop soon via his label, Boombox Family Entertainment. A name you might recognize as their thoroughbred is the ever-talented Nitty Scott, MC.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/20/13
Boombox Family ENT.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)