From the title of Jakk Frost‘s latest feature, Chinese Starz, I assumed the Philly mainsay had been training with shurikens. (Yeah, I know, those are actually Japanese.) But the rhymes the Philly veteran delivers on this street-ready EP inclusion are actually concerned with a more prosaic type of projectile weapon. After a defiant intro referencing Kendrick‘s Control verse, Frost hits the ground running, barraging DJ Skizz‘s ominous synth instrumental with pop-referential gun talk (”I got so many gats they call me The Great Gatsby.”). On the back, he responds to those who may be tired of hearing about his firearm collection, appealing to the realities of life in the so-called City of Brotherly Love: “I know I sound redundant with this gun sh*t / But I’m from a city where n**gas with guns run sh*t.” Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find this bullet-riddled cut and much more on Frost and Skizz’s Wolfman Jakk EP, coming this summer via BeardGang.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.