Don’t underestimate the production work of Jake One, a producer who has received critical acclaim for his work with A-list artists like G-Unit. After deciding to go for delf with his brand new White Van Music project, the Seattle, Washington beatsmith has gained a new wealth of fans, all of whom appreciate the sample-heavy cuts he serves up. On Hurt U, an unreleased record from the producer’s catalog, guest emcees Pharoahe Monch and Kardinal Offishall compete to see who can fit more words into a single bar. The tone and witticism that both rhymers exhibit over Jake’s Shaft-sampling, 70’s-fueled ditty will make people wonder why Hurt U ended up on the cutting room floor.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/6/08
Submit your Rating
Rhymesayers/White Van Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)