Don’t underestimate the production work of Jake One, a producer who has received critical acclaim for his work with A-list artists like G-Unit. After deciding to go for delf with his brand new White Van Music project, the Seattle, Washington beatsmith has gained a new wealth of fans, all of whom appreciate the sample-heavy cuts he serves up. On Hurt U, an unreleased record from the producer’s catalog, guest emcees Pharoahe Monch and Kardinal Offishall compete to see who can fit more words into a single bar. The tone and witticism that both rhymers exhibit over Jake’s Shaft-sampling, 70’s-fueled ditty will make people wonder why Hurt U ended up on the cutting room floor.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/6/08
Submit your Rating
Rhymesayers/White Van Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.