Don’t underestimate the production work of Jake One, a producer who has received critical acclaim for his work with A-list artists like G-Unit. After deciding to go for delf with his brand new White Van Music project, the Seattle, Washington beatsmith has gained a new wealth of fans, all of whom appreciate the sample-heavy cuts he serves up. On Hurt U, an unreleased record from the producer’s catalog, guest emcees Pharoahe Monch and Kardinal Offishall compete to see who can fit more words into a single bar. The tone and witticism that both rhymers exhibit over Jake’s Shaft-sampling, 70’s-fueled ditty will make people wonder why Hurt U ended up on the cutting room floor.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/6/08
Rhymesayers/White Van Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.