Like the delicious but elusive Klondike Bar, fame is something that many people are willing to undertake difficult, dangerous and often f**king ridiculous tasks in order to attain. So, what would Jake Miller do for his piece of the limelight? The real question is, what wouldn’t he? On new promo single/video What I Wouldn’t Give, the Panhandle State hopeful fills fans in on the relentless fantasies of the fast life that fueled his rise to buzzmaker status, and looking forward to the international superstardom that (he hopes and prays) lies in his future. Over The Fliptones’ anthemic yet laid-back production, driven by catchy acoustic-guitar strums and a bouncy rhythm section, Miller mixes memories from his formative years as a zealous hip-hop fan (“Always sittin’ first row and when the curtains would close / I would sneak back stage just so I could feel the thrill.”) with snapshots of the success he currently enjoys. And, as befits an up-and-comer with world-class ambitions, he doesn’t neglect to include a paraphrased line from Biggie‘s Juicy: “They say I rhyme tight now I’m in the lime light…” This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that the Booth will be following Miller’s journey to the top every step of the way.
Written by richard on 01/26/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.