Like the delicious but elusive Klondike Bar, fame is something that many people are willing to undertake difficult, dangerous and often f**king ridiculous tasks in order to attain. So, what would Jake Miller do for his piece of the limelight? The real question is, what wouldn’t he? On new promo single/video What I Wouldn’t Give, the Panhandle State hopeful fills fans in on the relentless fantasies of the fast life that fueled his rise to buzzmaker status, and looking forward to the international superstardom that (he hopes and prays) lies in his future. Over The Fliptones’ anthemic yet laid-back production, driven by catchy acoustic-guitar strums and a bouncy rhythm section, Miller mixes memories from his formative years as a zealous hip-hop fan (“Always sittin’ first row and when the curtains would close / I would sneak back stage just so I could feel the thrill.”) with snapshots of the success he currently enjoys. And, as befits an up-and-comer with world-class ambitions, he doesn’t neglect to include a paraphrased line from Biggie‘s Juicy: “They say I rhyme tight now I’m in the lime light…” This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that the Booth will be following Miller’s journey to the top every step of the way.
Written by richard on 01/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.