Last we heard from Jake Miller, the 18-year-old wunderkind was jet-setting across the nation on tour, in the process enjoying all the trappings of rap superstardom. Sounds like a dream come true, right? Well, it would have been, if the Panhandle State representative hadn’t spent the whole time pining for a girl who was waiting for him back home. Now that he’s returned from his travels, however, he’s determined to show her just how much she means to him. On new promo single Say the Word, a smooth yet driving synth beat by Nick Rio Productions sets the mood as the artist offers to do anything—anything—to prove his love to the girl in question. He even pulls a Jimmy Stewart (a la It’s a Wonderful Life) and offers to snatch la luna from the sky if she should so desire: “You say you want the moon? / Well, tell me where to put it.” Guaranteed to leave female fans weak in the knees - fellas, you should be taking detailed notes - this romantic jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project. Those digging it, however can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes from Jake Miller.
Written by richard on 10/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.