Last we heard from Jake Miller, the 18-year-old wunderkind was jet-setting across the nation on tour, in the process enjoying all the trappings of rap superstardom. Sounds like a dream come true, right? Well, it would have been, if the Panhandle State representative hadn’t spent the whole time pining for a girl who was waiting for him back home. Now that he’s returned from his travels, however, he’s determined to show her just how much she means to him. On new promo single Say the Word, a smooth yet driving synth beat by Nick Rio Productions sets the mood as the artist offers to do anything—anything—to prove his love to the girl in question. He even pulls a Jimmy Stewart (a la It’s a Wonderful Life) and offers to snatch la luna from the sky if she should so desire: “You say you want the moon? / Well, tell me where to put it.” Guaranteed to leave female fans weak in the knees - fellas, you should be taking detailed notes - this romantic jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project. Those digging it, however can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest news and tunes from Jake Miller.
Listen to More: Jake Miller
Written by richard on 10/23/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.