For an artist, earning a million dollars is a much sought after prize. As they say, whoever “they” is, the first million is the hardest. Florida native Jake Miller doesn’t care about making a million dollars, though, when he knows he can touch A Million Lives. On his latest video single, which marks his sixth DJBooth appearance, Miller delivers an ode his fans that have used his music to get through tough times. Over the breezy production of The Fliptones and in between a catchy hook provided by Insane Sounds, Miller highlights the stories of three fans who have been healed, in one way or another, through the his music, which in the end is more valuable than a record deal or expensive chain. No word yet on whether or not this tune will be a part of something larger, but while you wait, why not peep last January’s What I Wouldn’t Give?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.