For an artist, earning a million dollars is a much sought after prize. As they say, whoever “they” is, the first million is the hardest. Florida native Jake Miller doesn’t care about making a million dollars, though, when he knows he can touch A Million Lives. On his latest video single, which marks his sixth DJBooth appearance, Miller delivers an ode his fans that have used his music to get through tough times. Over the breezy production of The Fliptones and in between a catchy hook provided by Insane Sounds, Miller highlights the stories of three fans who have been healed, in one way or another, through the his music, which in the end is more valuable than a record deal or expensive chain. No word yet on whether or not this tune will be a part of something larger, but while you wait, why not peep last January’s What I Wouldn’t Give?
Written by Lucas G. on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.