In his Critique of Judgment, Immanuel Kant states that fine art is something to be appreciated in a pure and disinterested manner, free of sensuous desire. Clearly, the man wasn’t an R&B fan. For a second opinion, we turn to rising soul star Jaiden, whose latest record finds him teaming up with a special lady to create a Work of Art that’d make the 18th-century German philosopher flip his powdered wig. On this bedroom burner, the inaugural buzz single off his forthcoming full-length, beatsmith Caligraphist blends understated percussion with ambient synths as the NYC crooner describes how he and his girl “paint the colors of love,” exercising their sexual creativity on the canvas of their bed. If the steamy lyrical imagery Jaiden evokes over Cali’s delicate production isn’t enough to get you in the mood for a little, uh, art of your own,- then the singer’s radiant harmonies and expert falsetto should undoubtedly do the trick. Those craving more soulfully fresh new material from Jaiden should, as always, keep it locked; Cure Suite II has yet to receive a release date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.