Without a doubt, the end of summer/early fall season has belonged to T.I. In fact, the work of the Grand Hustle boss has been so popular that his singles have already received cover treatment from a variety of artists, including ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic. Continuing this pattern is NYC singer/songwriter, Jaiden, who has long considered himself the Cure for the common R&B artist. Thus, he has decided to dub his version of Whatever You Like as a “Cure Mix.” Unlike Tip, Jaiden bypasses the stacks on deck, the Patron on ice, and the all-night bottle-popping. This is because he “wants [her] body, needs [her] body, and as long as [she] got him [she] won’t need nobody.” So, did Jaiden do Jim Jonsin’s production justice? Would Clifford be happy? Readers, you can choose whichever you like.
Written by Burmy on 10/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.