While DJBooth features numerous R&B singles on a weekly basis, very few capture a pure jazz sound (think Raheem’s Woman). Determined to bring that sound to the forefront, however, is newcomer Jaiden. Dubbing himself “The Cure,” Jaiden has slowly built up his songwriting resume by penning jams for Jeannie Ortega, Case, and Carl Thomas among others. On Paradise, a could-be breakout song, he asks the ladies if they would like to step out of reality and come with him to paradise. Inquiring with rather suave vocals, a jazzy brass beat from producer KeyKat should help the ladies make up their mind. Sometimes, when you’re tired of the mainstream R&B and all the voice-boxes, it can be very refreshing to know there is new blood on the horizon.
Written by Burmy on 02/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatever You Like (Cure Mix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.