While DJBooth features numerous R&B singles on a weekly basis, very few capture a pure jazz sound (think Raheem’s Woman). Determined to bring that sound to the forefront, however, is newcomer Jaiden. Dubbing himself “The Cure,” Jaiden has slowly built up his songwriting resume by penning jams for Jeannie Ortega, Case, and Carl Thomas among others. On Paradise, a could-be breakout song, he asks the ladies if they would like to step out of reality and come with him to paradise. Inquiring with rather suave vocals, a jazzy brass beat from producer KeyKat should help the ladies make up their mind. Sometimes, when you’re tired of the mainstream R&B and all the voice-boxes, it can be very refreshing to know there is new blood on the horizon.
Written by Burmy on 02/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatever You Like (Cure Mix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.