A lot of people have talent, but that’s not enough to make it. Others have talent but not the drive, money but not the passion. To truly succeed in music you need all of the above, and its beginning to look like Jaiden might be the complete package. The NYC songwriter/singer, who made his first appearance on the Booth more than three years ago with Paradise - three years?! Damn, I’m getting old- aims his sights on long distance relationships on Ain’t Enough, a soulful scorcher that delved into the limits of the phone (and I’d imagine phone sex) to replace the intimacy of a true relationship. Production crew Lions Share Music Group paint Jaiden’s sonic backdrop here, layering a piano and guitar melody with deep percussion. It’s exactly what the versatile crooner shines best on, delivering a strong but not over-the-top vocal performance that will undoubtedly draw Ne-Yo comparisons. While Ain’t Enough isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), it was recently chosen as BET’s New Joint of the Day – something tells me even that level of success isn’t enough for Jaiden.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.