A lot of people have talent, but that’s not enough to make it. Others have talent but not the drive, money but not the passion. To truly succeed in music you need all of the above, and its beginning to look like Jaiden might be the complete package. The NYC songwriter/singer, who made his first appearance on the Booth more than three years ago with Paradise - three years?! Damn, I’m getting old- aims his sights on long distance relationships on Ain’t Enough, a soulful scorcher that delved into the limits of the phone (and I’d imagine phone sex) to replace the intimacy of a true relationship. Production crew Lions Share Music Group paint Jaiden’s sonic backdrop here, layering a piano and guitar melody with deep percussion. It’s exactly what the versatile crooner shines best on, delivering a strong but not over-the-top vocal performance that will undoubtedly draw Ne-Yo comparisons. While Ain’t Enough isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), it was recently chosen as BET’s New Joint of the Day – something tells me even that level of success isn’t enough for Jaiden.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.