A lot of people have talent, but that’s not enough to make it. Others have talent but not the drive, money but not the passion. To truly succeed in music you need all of the above, and its beginning to look like Jaiden might be the complete package. The NYC songwriter/singer, who made his first appearance on the Booth more than three years ago with Paradise - three years?! Damn, I’m getting old- aims his sights on long distance relationships on Ain’t Enough, a soulful scorcher that delved into the limits of the phone (and I’d imagine phone sex) to replace the intimacy of a true relationship. Production crew Lions Share Music Group paint Jaiden’s sonic backdrop here, layering a piano and guitar melody with deep percussion. It’s exactly what the versatile crooner shines best on, delivering a strong but not over-the-top vocal performance that will undoubtedly draw Ne-Yo comparisons. While Ain’t Enough isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), it was recently chosen as BET’s New Joint of the Day – something tells me even that level of success isn’t enough for Jaiden.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.