In recent years, Barbados has become known as a hotbed for up-and-coming female pop/R&B talent—Rihanna and Shontelle have both “made it” and Livvi Franc is well on her way. Now, however, the Capitol Records brass have decided to buck the trend established by the trend Def Jam, Universal Motown, and Jive and sign a male Bajan artist! Enter Jaicko (pronounced Jay-ko), a 17-year-old immigrant determined to win his own piece of the American Dream. Oh Yeah!, the artist’s Booth debut, is the latest in a long line of “phrase-centered” songs—the track finds him applying the titular exclamation to every event in his typical day, from first rolling of out bed to crashing with a fine young lady in the evening. Lil’ Eddie is no slouch on the songwriting tip, but the track’s highlight comes courtesy of The Stereotypes, whose xylophone-driven beat just screams “late summer anthem!” Can Jaicko win his debut album a spot on Capitol‘s calendar and make his musical dreams a reality? Here’s hoping this cut’s title holds the answer.
Written by Burmy on 07/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.