In recent years, Barbados has become known as a hotbed for up-and-coming female pop/R&B talent—Rihanna and Shontelle have both “made it” and Livvi Franc is well on her way. Now, however, the Capitol Records brass have decided to buck the trend established by the trend Def Jam, Universal Motown, and Jive and sign a male Bajan artist! Enter Jaicko (pronounced Jay-ko), a 17-year-old immigrant determined to win his own piece of the American Dream. Oh Yeah!, the artist’s Booth debut, is the latest in a long line of “phrase-centered” songs—the track finds him applying the titular exclamation to every event in his typical day, from first rolling of out bed to crashing with a fine young lady in the evening. Lil’ Eddie is no slouch on the songwriting tip, but the track’s highlight comes courtesy of The Stereotypes, whose xylophone-driven beat just screams “late summer anthem!” Can Jaicko win his debut album a spot on Capitol‘s calendar and make his musical dreams a reality? Here’s hoping this cut’s title holds the answer.
Written by Burmy on 07/13/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)