Having suffered through Click (a.k.a., the Adam Sandler comedy that failed so hard it ended up being more depressing than Death of a Salesman), I can’t say that the ability to Fast Forward through life’s dull moments sounds all that tempting. Barbadian buzzmaker Jaicko must have been lucky enough to miss that one. On his latest single, the Oh Yeah singer tells a special girl, “I wish that we could skip to the part when we was married.” Though the singer would probably be well-served to take things a little slower, the one-two punch of his soulfully melodic vocals and Ryan & Smitty‘s energetic synth boardwork make this radio-ready jam difficult to resist; needless to say, Fast Forward should have ladies lining up for miles to “push [Jaicko’s] button.” Was that lyric suggestive to begin with, or did I deliberately take it out of context for humorous effect? I’ll let you decide. More importantly, those who like what they’re hearing should stay tuned for more leading up to the summer release of the singer’s debut album, Can I.
Listen to More: Jaicko
Written by richard on 02/8/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.