Having suffered through Click (a.k.a., the Adam Sandler comedy that failed so hard it ended up being more depressing than Death of a Salesman), I can’t say that the ability to Fast Forward through life’s dull moments sounds all that tempting. Barbadian buzzmaker Jaicko must have been lucky enough to miss that one. On his latest single, the Oh Yeah singer tells a special girl, “I wish that we could skip to the part when we was married.” Though the singer would probably be well-served to take things a little slower, the one-two punch of his soulfully melodic vocals and Ryan & Smitty‘s energetic synth boardwork make this radio-ready jam difficult to resist; needless to say, Fast Forward should have ladies lining up for miles to “push [Jaicko’s] button.” Was that lyric suggestive to begin with, or did I deliberately take it out of context for humorous effect? I’ll let you decide. More importantly, those who like what they’re hearing should stay tuned for more leading up to the summer release of the singer’s debut album, Can I.
Written by richard on 02/8/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.