Having suffered through Click (a.k.a., the Adam Sandler comedy that failed so hard it ended up being more depressing than Death of a Salesman), I can’t say that the ability to Fast Forward through life’s dull moments sounds all that tempting. Barbadian buzzmaker Jaicko must have been lucky enough to miss that one. On his latest single, the Oh Yeah singer tells a special girl, “I wish that we could skip to the part when we was married.” Though the singer would probably be well-served to take things a little slower, the one-two punch of his soulfully melodic vocals and Ryan & Smitty‘s energetic synth boardwork make this radio-ready jam difficult to resist; needless to say, Fast Forward should have ladies lining up for miles to “push [Jaicko’s] button.” Was that lyric suggestive to begin with, or did I deliberately take it out of context for humorous effect? I’ll let you decide. More importantly, those who like what they’re hearing should stay tuned for more leading up to the summer release of the singer’s debut album, Can I.
Written by richard on 02/8/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.