Update: The Asa Davis-directed visuals for Jahzel’s Wake Up single have been added.
Booth readers, do you know what time it us? No need to glance at your cell, because I’m gonna tell you: it’s time for you to Wake Up and start paying attention to Jahzel. Premiered via HipHopDX, this freshly-released single is a fitting introduction to the Black Key Collective rhymesayer, for those who slept through previous features Inner City Kid and Chapters. On this atmospheric jam, the Northside Chicago native chronicles his struggle to survive and thrive in a city whose dangers are all too well-known. Flawless Tracks mans the boards, backing the artist’s bars with an intricate mix of moody synths, vocal samples and sound effects. Fans will be able to find Wake Up and much more on the artist’s LP of the same name scheduled to drop October 7.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Inner City Kid" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.