There are as many ways to make a Booth debut as there are artists in the world, but why complicate things? Sometimes the best place to start is at the beginning. In the case of Chicago rhymesayer Jahzel, that means taking us back to his days as an Inner City Kid nursing dreams of rap superstardom. Tone P provides an upbeat, yet nostalgic sampled backdrop to match the artist’s mix of braggadocio and wistful recollections, and singer Megan McNeal lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Jahzel’s clearly got the will to take it to the top, but are you feeling his style? If so, more snapshots from his hustle await on the DJ Whoo Kid-hosted Jet Lag: The Mixtape, available for free download as of 8/20.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.