There are as many ways to make a Booth debut as there are artists in the world, but why complicate things? Sometimes the best place to start is at the beginning. In the case of Chicago rhymesayer Jahzel, that means taking us back to his days as an Inner City Kid nursing dreams of rap superstardom. Tone P provides an upbeat, yet nostalgic sampled backdrop to match the artist’s mix of braggadocio and wistful recollections, and singer Megan McNeal lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Jahzel’s clearly got the will to take it to the top, but are you feeling his style? If so, more snapshots from his hustle await on the DJ Whoo Kid-hosted Jet Lag: The Mixtape, available for free download as of 8/20.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)