There are as many ways to make a Booth debut as there are artists in the world, but why complicate things? Sometimes the best place to start is at the beginning. In the case of Chicago rhymesayer Jahzel, that means taking us back to his days as an Inner City Kid nursing dreams of rap superstardom. Tone P provides an upbeat, yet nostalgic sampled backdrop to match the artist’s mix of braggadocio and wistful recollections, and singer Megan McNeal lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Jahzel’s clearly got the will to take it to the top, but are you feeling his style? If so, more snapshots from his hustle await on the DJ Whoo Kid-hosted Jet Lag: The Mixtape, available for free download as of 8/20.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.