There are as many ways to make a Booth debut as there are artists in the world, but why complicate things? Sometimes the best place to start is at the beginning. In the case of Chicago rhymesayer Jahzel, that means taking us back to his days as an Inner City Kid nursing dreams of rap superstardom. Tone P provides an upbeat, yet nostalgic sampled backdrop to match the artist’s mix of braggadocio and wistful recollections, and singer Megan McNeal lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Jahzel’s clearly got the will to take it to the top, but are you feeling his style? If so, more snapshots from his hustle await on the DJ Whoo Kid-hosted Jet Lag: The Mixtape, available for free download as of 8/20.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)