There are as many ways to make a Booth debut as there are artists in the world, but why complicate things? Sometimes the best place to start is at the beginning. In the case of Chicago rhymesayer Jahzel, that means taking us back to his days as an Inner City Kid nursing dreams of rap superstardom. Tone P provides an upbeat, yet nostalgic sampled backdrop to match the artist’s mix of braggadocio and wistful recollections, and singer Megan McNeal lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Jahzel’s clearly got the will to take it to the top, but are you feeling his style? If so, more snapshots from his hustle await on the DJ Whoo Kid-hosted Jet Lag: The Mixtape, available for free download as of 8/20.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
The Black Key Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.