Sometimes, you come across a song that is just “OK.” You don’t hate it but, after listening, you Carry On with your day as if the experience never happened. Jahshua Smith’s latest effort is not one of those songs; his latest record will make you stop whatever you’re doing and listen… over and over again. Smith, a Detroit native, displays a crisp, charismatic flow sandwiched between verses from guest artists James Gardin (first up) and Ro Spit. The three are supported by producer StewRAT’s sample-driven beat, which makes their confident bars hit even harder. If Carry On stuck with you, more memorable cuts await on Smith’s latest project, The Final Season, available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.