Though the R&B veteran’s last single, the Booth-acclaimed Ain’t Leavin’ Without You, suggested that Jaheim was back to the womanizing ways of his younger days, it seems that there’s still one female for whom he’d be willing to settle down – that is, if she’d only take him back. Finding My Way Back, the second official single off his forthcoming full-length, finds the Jersey native struggling to break through the emotional defenses of an ex he can’t bear to let slip away. As the singer delivers his soulful entreaties, co-producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins man the boards, crafting a lush, dreamy beat considerably more laid-back than that of Ain’t Leavin’, but drenched in the same brand of retro appeal. While we can only speculate about whether the lady in question will heed Jaheim’s pleas and give him another chance, I have no doubt that the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers will be won over. If you’re thirsty for more soulful, old-school-informed jams, you can look forward to Another Round on February 9, when the singer’s fifth album drops via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.