Though the R&B veteran’s last single, the Booth-acclaimed Ain’t Leavin’ Without You, suggested that Jaheim was back to the womanizing ways of his younger days, it seems that there’s still one female for whom he’d be willing to settle down – that is, if she’d only take him back. Finding My Way Back, the second official single off his forthcoming full-length, finds the Jersey native struggling to break through the emotional defenses of an ex he can’t bear to let slip away. As the singer delivers his soulful entreaties, co-producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins man the boards, crafting a lush, dreamy beat considerably more laid-back than that of Ain’t Leavin’, but drenched in the same brand of retro appeal. While we can only speculate about whether the lady in question will heed Jaheim’s pleas and give him another chance, I have no doubt that the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers will be won over. If you’re thirsty for more soulful, old-school-informed jams, you can look forward to Another Round on February 9, when the singer’s fifth album drops via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.