Though the R&B veteran’s last single, the Booth-acclaimed Ain’t Leavin’ Without You, suggested that Jaheim was back to the womanizing ways of his younger days, it seems that there’s still one female for whom he’d be willing to settle down – that is, if she’d only take him back. Finding My Way Back, the second official single off his forthcoming full-length, finds the Jersey native struggling to break through the emotional defenses of an ex he can’t bear to let slip away. As the singer delivers his soulful entreaties, co-producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins man the boards, crafting a lush, dreamy beat considerably more laid-back than that of Ain’t Leavin’, but drenched in the same brand of retro appeal. While we can only speculate about whether the lady in question will heed Jaheim’s pleas and give him another chance, I have no doubt that the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers will be won over. If you’re thirsty for more soulful, old-school-informed jams, you can look forward to Another Round on February 9, when the singer’s fifth album drops via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.