Though the R&B veteran’s last single, the Booth-acclaimed Ain’t Leavin’ Without You, suggested that Jaheim was back to the womanizing ways of his younger days, it seems that there’s still one female for whom he’d be willing to settle down – that is, if she’d only take him back. Finding My Way Back, the second official single off his forthcoming full-length, finds the Jersey native struggling to break through the emotional defenses of an ex he can’t bear to let slip away. As the singer delivers his soulful entreaties, co-producers Ivan “Orthodox” Barias and Carvin “Ransum” Haggins man the boards, crafting a lush, dreamy beat considerably more laid-back than that of Ain’t Leavin’, but drenched in the same brand of retro appeal. While we can only speculate about whether the lady in question will heed Jaheim’s pleas and give him another chance, I have no doubt that the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers will be won over. If you’re thirsty for more soulful, old-school-informed jams, you can look forward to Another Round on February 9, when the singer’s fifth album drops via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)