No, Jaheim hasn’t become the proud father of triplets. The title of his latest single, Baby X3, is actually a truncated transcription of the record’s chorus, à la Chris Breezy‘s Yeah 3X. Following May’s reader acclaimed Age Ain’t a Factor, this midtempo selection finds the veteran crooner striving to convince a special girl that his days of playing the field are over. Over an uncredited producer’s soulfully understated grooves, he explains that, while he never imagined he’d hang up his jersey and settle down, the woman in question has shifted his perspective on monogamy 180 degrees. Feeling it? More awaits on Jaheim’s sixth full-length, Appreciation Day. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, September 3.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.