With his last feature, current single Ain’t Leaving Without You, R&B veteran Jaheim swept Booth regulars off their feet, snagging four and five-star ratings from readers and staff alike. How do you jazz up a track that was within kissing distance of perfection to begin with? You add a ‘Kiss, of course. The record’s official remix retains the headliner’s vocals and producer Kaygee‘s slinky, funk-informed boardwork, but boasts a brand new opening verse from none other than D-Block emcee Jadakiss. The East Coast vet sounds right at home in the role of wingman, providing a second (equally favorable) opinion on the female Jaheim’s got his eye on. The changes from the original are minimal, but Jada’s infusion of hip-hop flavor might be just the thing to make this grown-and-sexy jam more palatable to the younger set; what do you think, Booth readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can find plenty more classic grooves and newer-school sounds on Jaheim’s fifth album, Another Round, set to drop February 9, off Atlantic.
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.