With his last feature, current single Ain’t Leaving Without You, R&B veteran Jaheim swept Booth regulars off their feet, snagging four and five-star ratings from readers and staff alike. How do you jazz up a track that was within kissing distance of perfection to begin with? You add a ‘Kiss, of course. The record’s official remix retains the headliner’s vocals and producer Kaygee‘s slinky, funk-informed boardwork, but boasts a brand new opening verse from none other than D-Block emcee Jadakiss. The East Coast vet sounds right at home in the role of wingman, providing a second (equally favorable) opinion on the female Jaheim’s got his eye on. The changes from the original are minimal, but Jada’s infusion of hip-hop flavor might be just the thing to make this grown-and-sexy jam more palatable to the younger set; what do you think, Booth readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can find plenty more classic grooves and newer-school sounds on Jaheim’s fifth album, Another Round, set to drop February 9, off Atlantic.
Written by richard on 01/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)