With his last feature, current single Ain’t Leaving Without You, R&B veteran Jaheim swept Booth regulars off their feet, snagging four and five-star ratings from readers and staff alike. How do you jazz up a track that was within kissing distance of perfection to begin with? You add a ‘Kiss, of course. The record’s official remix retains the headliner’s vocals and producer Kaygee‘s slinky, funk-informed boardwork, but boasts a brand new opening verse from none other than D-Block emcee Jadakiss. The East Coast vet sounds right at home in the role of wingman, providing a second (equally favorable) opinion on the female Jaheim’s got his eye on. The changes from the original are minimal, but Jada’s infusion of hip-hop flavor might be just the thing to make this grown-and-sexy jam more palatable to the younger set; what do you think, Booth readers? If you like what you’re hearing, you can find plenty more classic grooves and newer-school sounds on Jaheim’s fifth album, Another Round, set to drop February 9, off Atlantic.
Written by richard on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.