Jaheim‘s last Booth feature, Keyshia Cole collabo I’ve Changed, found him ready to stop wilding out and settle down with a special lady. That was way, way back in ‘07, but fast-forward to fall ‘09 and the R&B veteran’s on the prowl once again. On this newly-released single, Jaheim takes the very direct route, issuing the most enchanting shorty in the spot a soulful ultimatum, “I don’t know what your name is or who you came with, but I Ain’t Leavin’ Without You.” Over Naughty by Nature beatsmith Kaygee‘s funky, bass-driven production, the seasoned singer spits game with the kind of confidence that only comes with years of experience, and it all adds up to a silky-smooth jam that should be a hit with Jaheim devotees and newcomers alike. Those thirsty for more refreshingly chill, retro-informed R&B goodness should keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Jaheim’s forthcoming senior album. Set to drop sometime in February of 2010, the yet-untitled set will be the artist’s first since ‘07’s The Makings of a Man.
Written by richard on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.