Many men retain the same taste in romantic partners as they age, continuing to chase after 21-year-olds well into their golden years. (And failing hard, unless they happen to be fabulously wealthy.) To R&B vet Jaheim, on the other hand, a woman is like a fine wine: she only gets better with time. On this freshly-released single, the Atlantic Records signee assuages his girl’s insecurities about getting older, assuring her that Ain’t Ain’t a Factor. His heartfelt vocals come backed by an uncredited producer’s effervescent, keyboard-driven boardwork. Jaheim’s next album, the follow-up to 2010’s Another Round, currently lacks a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further news and tunes as they emerge. In the meantime, you can look forward to copping this record via iTunes when it hits the online retailer this Tuesday, May 7.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.