In summer of 2007, world-renowned reggae heavyweight Jah Cure was released from prison after serving eight years for a crime the artist maintains he did not commit. Though such an experience would leave most bitter and jaded, Cure emerged from the ordeal more driven than ever to spread positivity and spirituality through his music. Nowhere is that attitude clearer than on the Kingston native’s latest single (and first Booth feature), a tribute to the redemptive power of Unconditional Love. Over the The Beat Zone Inc.‘s mellow acoustic-guitar instrumental (complete with chill-inducing strings on the chorus), Jah tells the story of a woman whose life is changed by a chance encounter at the corner store. R&B singer Phylissia (Ne-Yo‘s collaborator on Sunshine) plays the female role, delivering seductive lines in Spanish throughout the track as well as showing off her pipes on the final verse and chorus. This poignant promo cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can find more on 2009’s Universal Cure LP, Jah’s first project recorded since his release from prison.
Written by richard on 01/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like I See It" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)