In summer of 2007, world-renowned reggae heavyweight Jah Cure was released from prison after serving eight years for a crime the artist maintains he did not commit. Though such an experience would leave most bitter and jaded, Cure emerged from the ordeal more driven than ever to spread positivity and spirituality through his music. Nowhere is that attitude clearer than on the Kingston native’s latest single (and first Booth feature), a tribute to the redemptive power of Unconditional Love. Over the The Beat Zone Inc.‘s mellow acoustic-guitar instrumental (complete with chill-inducing strings on the chorus), Jah tells the story of a woman whose life is changed by a chance encounter at the corner store. R&B singer Phylissia (Ne-Yo‘s collaborator on Sunshine) plays the female role, delivering seductive lines in Spanish throughout the track as well as showing off her pipes on the final verse and chorus. This poignant promo cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can find more on 2009’s Universal Cure LP, Jah’s first project recorded since his release from prison.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like I See It" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.