In summer of 2007, world-renowned reggae heavyweight Jah Cure was released from prison after serving eight years for a crime the artist maintains he did not commit. Though such an experience would leave most bitter and jaded, Cure emerged from the ordeal more driven than ever to spread positivity and spirituality through his music. Nowhere is that attitude clearer than on the Kingston native’s latest single (and first Booth feature), a tribute to the redemptive power of Unconditional Love. Over the The Beat Zone Inc.‘s mellow acoustic-guitar instrumental (complete with chill-inducing strings on the chorus), Jah tells the story of a woman whose life is changed by a chance encounter at the corner store. R&B singer Phylissia (Ne-Yo‘s collaborator on Sunshine) plays the female role, delivering seductive lines in Spanish throughout the track as well as showing off her pipes on the final verse and chorus. This poignant promo cut isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can find more on 2009’s Universal Cure LP, Jah’s first project recorded since his release from prison.
Written by richard on 01/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like I See It" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)