Jah Cure may not visit the Booth as frequently as we’d like (his last feature was way back in October 2010) but, when he does, reader acclaim consistently follows. Though two tracks could hardly have been more different than his previous features the heartstring-tugging Unconditional Love and the unapologetically gangsta As I See It both earned the Kingston repper rave reviews—and I have a feeling that his latest effort will only reinforce the trend. The lead single off Jah’s sixth LP, Nothing Is Impossible finds the artist returning to the inspirational themes of his Booth debut. Backed by DJ Wayne‘s production, a pensive blend of piano, synths and understated percussion, the reggae vet offers some “real talk” to “all the children of the world,” assuring the latest generation that they have the strength to achieve whatever they set their sights on. It’s hard to argue with a message of hope this heartfelt, especially when it’s presented in a fresh, musical form. But enough outta me—are you feeling Jah Cure’s latest endeavor? Those leaning towards the affirmative should keep their browsers locked on the Booth for further details on World Cry, which has yet to receive a solid release date from SoBe Entertainment.
Written by richard on 07/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unconditional Love" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.