Whether used in reference to a special someone or to the little bundle of joy (and drool) one hopes to make with a special someone, “Baby” is very likely the most frequently-used noun in all of R&B/pop – and, along with “what,” one of the few words that, if repeated, can serve as a whole damn chorus in itself. Following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber, Ashanti, Fabolous, LL Cool J and many more, Jagged Edge jump on the “baby” bandwagon (babywagon?) with their latest single. Here, a lightly-bouncing piano/synth arrangement by Lamb sets an easygoing mood as Brian, Brandon, Kyle and Richard soulfully remind their respective babies just how deep they are in love – other
women simply can’t measure up. The mellow beat, along with the J.E.‘s glittering vocal interplay, add up to one luxuriously tuneful cut – and the perfect thing to throw on for your baby next time you want to show how much you care. Those suffering from a lack of smoothness can find The Remedy for what ails them on the group’s latest full-length, set to hit stores March 29, of 2011.
Written by richard on 12/5/10
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.