Whether used in reference to a special someone or to the little bundle of joy (and drool) one hopes to make with a special someone, “Baby” is very likely the most frequently-used noun in all of R&B/pop – and, along with “what,” one of the few words that, if repeated, can serve as a whole damn chorus in itself. Following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber, Ashanti, Fabolous, LL Cool J and many more, Jagged Edge jump on the “baby” bandwagon (babywagon?) with their latest single. Here, a lightly-bouncing piano/synth arrangement by Lamb sets an easygoing mood as Brian, Brandon, Kyle and Richard soulfully remind their respective babies just how deep they are in love – other
women simply can’t measure up. The mellow beat, along with the J.E.‘s glittering vocal interplay, add up to one luxuriously tuneful cut – and the perfect thing to throw on for your baby next time you want to show how much you care. Those suffering from a lack of smoothness can find The Remedy for what ails them on the group’s latest full-length, set to hit stores March 29, of 2011.
Written by richard on 12/5/10
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.