Whether used in reference to a special someone or to the little bundle of joy (and drool) one hopes to make with a special someone, “Baby” is very likely the most frequently-used noun in all of R&B/pop – and, along with “what,” one of the few words that, if repeated, can serve as a whole damn chorus in itself. Following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber, Ashanti, Fabolous, LL Cool J and many more, Jagged Edge jump on the “baby” bandwagon (babywagon?) with their latest single. Here, a lightly-bouncing piano/synth arrangement by Lamb sets an easygoing mood as Brian, Brandon, Kyle and Richard soulfully remind their respective babies just how deep they are in love – other
women simply can’t measure up. The mellow beat, along with the J.E.‘s glittering vocal interplay, add up to one luxuriously tuneful cut – and the perfect thing to throw on for your baby next time you want to show how much you care. Those suffering from a lack of smoothness can find The Remedy for what ails them on the group’s latest full-length, set to hit stores March 29, of 2011.
Written by richard on 12/5/10
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.