I haven’t watched a single episode of The Walking Dead but, based simply on the devotion of its fanbase, I have to assume it’s some good sh*t. The Musical partners-in-rhyme J.A.E., Ali Vegas and AC are clearly fervent admirers of the AMC original series, as its return to the airwaves Sunday evening has inspired them to rejoin forces for a fresh street single of the same title. Based around a sample from the show’s Bear McCreary-penned theme music and peppered with thematically-appropriate dialogue snippets, C4 Sinistah‘s tension-fraught production sets the stage for bloodthirsty verses from the NYC rhymesayers. This joint isn’t part of any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all three collaborators in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, you can click here to cop Ali Vegas’ last project, The Book of Ali, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Musical" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.