If someone asks you what the difference is between East Coast rap and Dirty South rap, simply point them in the direction of Naw Meen, ya know what I mean? Late last year, New Orleans’ Baby Boy Da Prince hooked up with producer Mannie Fresh and spit pure materialism over the second single from his rather unsuccessful debut album. Ten months later, overlooked NYC artist Jae Millz uses the same beat, changing up the content on a freestyle off his Zone Out Season Mixtape. Millz’ version has a raw street edge, taking shots at Southern MC’s; calling them “clowns” with “no lyrics.” While Millz might be merely hating (his debut has been done and ready for three years), a point has been made; class is no longer in session.
Listen to More: Jae Millz Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!