If someone asks you what the difference is between East Coast rap and Dirty South rap, simply point them in the direction of Naw Meen, ya know what I mean? Late last year, New Orleans’ Baby Boy Da Prince hooked up with producer Mannie Fresh and spit pure materialism over the second single from his rather unsuccessful debut album. Ten months later, overlooked NYC artist Jae Millz uses the same beat, changing up the content on a freestyle off his Zone Out Season Mixtape. Millz’ version has a raw street edge, taking shots at Southern MC’s; calling them “clowns” with “no lyrics.” While Millz might be merely hating (his debut has been done and ready for three years), a point has been made; class is no longer in session.
Listen to More: Jae Millz Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.