Last June, shortly after parting ways with Universal Music, rapper Jae Millz dropped the J. Cardim-produced Holla At A Playa. The record resonated in the streets of New York, along with the countless mixtape tracks that followed; Millz landed a brand new record deal with Weezy’s Young Money Entertainment. Fourteen months later, the record has come full circle on Big Mike & DK Thoro: Grand Theft Audio 6, with Millz’ new boss hopping aboard for a remix, baaaaby! With the success of Tha Carter 3, Wayne will doubtless be under an intense microscope whenever he pushes his own stable of talent into the limelight. Unlike other signees Mack Maine and Brisco, however, Millz has been hustling in the streets for several years and has the experience to strike out on his own.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.