Last June, shortly after parting ways with Universal Music, rapper Jae Millz dropped the J. Cardim-produced Holla At A Playa. The record resonated in the streets of New York, along with the countless mixtape tracks that followed; Millz landed a brand new record deal with Weezy’s Young Money Entertainment. Fourteen months later, the record has come full circle on Big Mike & DK Thoro: Grand Theft Audio 6, with Millz’ new boss hopping aboard for a remix, baaaaby! With the success of Tha Carter 3, Wayne will doubtless be under an intense microscope whenever he pushes his own stable of talent into the limelight. Unlike other signees Mack Maine and Brisco, however, Millz has been hustling in the streets for several years and has the experience to strike out on his own.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.