Last June, shortly after parting ways with Universal Music, rapper Jae Millz dropped the J. Cardim-produced Holla At A Playa. The record resonated in the streets of New York, along with the countless mixtape tracks that followed; Millz landed a brand new record deal with Weezy’s Young Money Entertainment. Fourteen months later, the record has come full circle on Big Mike & DK Thoro: Grand Theft Audio 6, with Millz’ new boss hopping aboard for a remix, baaaaby! With the success of Tha Carter 3, Wayne will doubtless be under an intense microscope whenever he pushes his own stable of talent into the limelight. Unlike other signees Mack Maine and Brisco, however, Millz has been hustling in the streets for several years and has the experience to strike out on his own.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.