Last June, shortly after parting ways with Universal Music, rapper Jae Millz dropped the J. Cardim-produced Holla At A Playa. The record resonated in the streets of New York, along with the countless mixtape tracks that followed; Millz landed a brand new record deal with Weezy’s Young Money Entertainment. Fourteen months later, the record has come full circle on Big Mike & DK Thoro: Grand Theft Audio 6, with Millz’ new boss hopping aboard for a remix, baaaaby! With the success of Tha Carter 3, Wayne will doubtless be under an intense microscope whenever he pushes his own stable of talent into the limelight. Unlike other signees Mack Maine and Brisco, however, Millz has been hustling in the streets for several years and has the experience to strike out on his own.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.