Last June, shortly after parting ways with Universal Music, rapper Jae Millz dropped the J. Cardim-produced Holla At A Playa. The record resonated in the streets of New York, along with the countless mixtape tracks that followed; Millz landed a brand new record deal with Weezy’s Young Money Entertainment. Fourteen months later, the record has come full circle on Big Mike & DK Thoro: Grand Theft Audio 6, with Millz’ new boss hopping aboard for a remix, baaaaby! With the success of Tha Carter 3, Wayne will doubtless be under an intense microscope whenever he pushes his own stable of talent into the limelight. Unlike other signees Mack Maine and Brisco, however, Millz has been hustling in the streets for several years and has the experience to strike out on his own.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.