Ne-Yo has enjoyed tremendous success both as a songwriter and as an artist, but his latest venture may be his most momentous yet—adding his name to the long list of artists-turned-label moguls, he presents Compound Entertainment, which will be distributed by Universal Motown. The first signee is Jadyn Maria, a Tennesee native whose short stature stands in stark contrast to her outsized vocal presence. On her debut single, Maria puts her own spin on the age-old tale of the high-class lady who falls for the troublemaking dude, wondering just why it is that Good Girls Like Bad Boys in the first place. Flo Rida knows that there’s something about the rough-around-the-edges fellas—after all, which lady wouldn’t enjoy riding into the sunset over a high-energy beat like the one Bei Maejor serves up here? Good Girls Like Bad Boys just screams “summer hit,” and exists not only as a springboard for Jadyn Maria’s dive into the industry pool, but also as living proof of Ne-Yo’s ear for talent.
Written by Burmy on 04/1/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.