Ne-Yo has enjoyed tremendous success both as a songwriter and as an artist, but his latest venture may be his most momentous yet—adding his name to the long list of artists-turned-label moguls, he presents Compound Entertainment, which will be distributed by Universal Motown. The first signee is Jadyn Maria, a Tennesee native whose short stature stands in stark contrast to her outsized vocal presence. On her debut single, Maria puts her own spin on the age-old tale of the high-class lady who falls for the troublemaking dude, wondering just why it is that Good Girls Like Bad Boys in the first place. Flo Rida knows that there’s something about the rough-around-the-edges fellas—after all, which lady wouldn’t enjoy riding into the sunset over a high-energy beat like the one Bei Maejor serves up here? Good Girls Like Bad Boys just screams “summer hit,” and exists not only as a springboard for Jadyn Maria’s dive into the industry pool, but also as living proof of Ne-Yo’s ear for talent.
Written by Burmy on 04/1/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.