Ne-Yo has enjoyed tremendous success both as a songwriter and as an artist, but his latest venture may be his most momentous yet—adding his name to the long list of artists-turned-label moguls, he presents Compound Entertainment, which will be distributed by Universal Motown. The first signee is Jadyn Maria, a Tennesee native whose short stature stands in stark contrast to her outsized vocal presence. On her debut single, Maria puts her own spin on the age-old tale of the high-class lady who falls for the troublemaking dude, wondering just why it is that Good Girls Like Bad Boys in the first place. Flo Rida knows that there’s something about the rough-around-the-edges fellas—after all, which lady wouldn’t enjoy riding into the sunset over a high-energy beat like the one Bei Maejor serves up here? Good Girls Like Bad Boys just screams “summer hit,” and exists not only as a springboard for Jadyn Maria’s dive into the industry pool, but also as living proof of Ne-Yo’s ear for talent.
Written by Burmy on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.